Monday 3 October 2016

Maya and Illustrator Face Net

For this tutorial I created a polygon cube, Using the UV edit tool I transformed it into a net and placed it into illustrator and drew on a design using the pen tool. 
Attempt 1
At first I designed a small creature. But I really didn't like how this looked, I wanted to try a design that overlapped onto other sides of the cube. Also I felt that the design was too simple.

Attempt 2



This was the second design I tried. This was a lot quicker to make and also I prefer this design a lot more. I had to tweak the design a little on Illustrator before I exported it and transferred it onto my cube model. 



Illustrator Cube Face Net







This was the outcome of transferring the file on illustrator to the 3d Cube Model. I'm really please with the outcome. The process was a lot easier than I thought it would be, I'm starting to feel a little more comfortable with Maya the more I use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment