Tuesday 20 September 2016

Completed Black and White Still Life Study


This is my completed black and white still life study. I'm pleased with how quickly I've progressed in terms of using Photoshop to paint digitally. I noticed that after taking a break and coming back to this painting, I was a lot more confident in using different kinds of brushes and tools such as the mixer tool. I could improve this piece by paying more attention to the still life image as the proportions are a little off. I enjoyed seeing the painting become more realised and finished as I carried on drawing, and I think it will be interesting to see how my next still life study involving colour will turn out.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Noah, great to see you've spent some good time getting this piece finished. It's a really useful exercise in these early days.

    Really glad to hear your confidence with Photoshop is growing. In a few weeks it will be even more natural to use. Best of luck with the next study and can't wait to see some thumbnails. Onwards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jordan! I'm still finding it a little difficult to get the hang of using the lasso tool for the thumbnail drawings, but i'm slowly getting more familiar with it! :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete